Elbow pain is often caused by overuse. Many sports, hobbies and jobs require repetitive hand, wrist or arm movements. Elbow pain may occasionally be due to arthritis, but in general, your elbow joint is much less prone to wear-and-tear damage than are many other joints.
Some of the symptoms of Elbow pain include:*dull ache when at rest.
*pain when making a fist (golfer's elbow)
*pain when opening the fingers (tennis elbow)
*soreness around the affected elbow bump.
*difficulties and pain when trying to grasp objects, especially with the arm stretched out.
- Most elbow pain improves with simple home treatments, such as:
- Protect. Keep the area from getting further injury
- Rest. Avoid the activity that caused your injury
- Ice. Place an ice pack on the sore area for 15 to 20 minutes three times a day.
- Compression. Use a compression bandage to reduce swelling.